Thursday, October 18, 2012

A.L.A.D.

This year, my grandma gave me money for Isla's birthday so we could go buy her something. She doesn't really need any clothes and definitely doesn't need any toys, so instead of buying something I thought that we would get her a piggy bank and just give her the money. And a plus is that we could teach her about tithing. Anyway, I was thinking a simple, pink piggy bank. I got on Amazon and let her look at pictures of coin banks the other day just to give her an idea and to see if she wanted any one in particular. Here is one that I like:
It's nothing fancy I know, but it is what I am going for. It's wearing a tutu (which you can't see), so that is a plus. Today, she is playing legos and says:

I: We forgot to get a something to put the money in.
(Sidenote, I love how a lot of her talk is just disjointed nonsense. This at least was a complete sentence, but most of the time she brings something up out of the blue, gets confuzzled and makes no sense, then gets frustrated and says "I don't know what I'm talking about.")
A: Oh, you mean a piggy bank.
I: Yes, a pinkgy bank.
A: Did you like the pink pig with the tiara and tutu?
I: Yes, but what if we get that one that's a bum? And what does it do when you put money in?
A: It toots?
I: Yes! It toots. So we get the bum that toots? Then we could put it on the bookshelf. Wouldn't that be a great idea?

And for those of you who don't know what we are talking about:

Yes, the blessed thing actually makes a farting noise with every deposit. I would probably be a better mother if I got her the pig, right? Because butt banks and farts are gross and inappropriate, right? Or, should I be awesome and just buy her the butt? Because she asked for it. 

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I am in tears laughing about this. I love that there is a debate about which one to get. So funny. I want to know where she saw the butt one... =)

    And I can hear the stories years from now being hold about how the butt bank came to be.

    ReplyDelete